Scope of this Policy
Changes to this Policy
Information Bail Binder Collects
Personally identifiable information is information that can identify you, such as your name and address. Based on your relationship with us, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information as described below:
- Sales Contact, Customer Care, Billing. In order for us to contact you, you will need to provide your name, company name, position, physical address, telephone number, and/or email address.
- Toolkit. In order to sign up for our Toolkit, the website will ask for your business name, physical address, telephone number, surety name, contact name(s) and email address(es), user names and credit card information.
- Client Portal. When you log in through the client portal you will need to provide us with your username and password
Non-personally Identifiable Information
When you visit our Website, Bail Binder may collect and store general Internet data, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, which of our web pages you visited, the referring Uniform Resource Locator (URL) and how long you spend on each page. This information may be collected to assist us in making improvements to our Website and to administer our Website. We do not link this information to any personally identifiable information. Bail Binder may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate these services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, development and marketing). These third parties have limited access to your information and only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
How Bail Binder Uses Your Information
The information collected through our Site may be used to:
- Respond to your inquiries or otherwise correspond with you if, for instance, you are contacting our sales, customer care or billing departments requesting product or service information or other assistance;
- Maintain your account, verify your identity, process payments, and collect debts you owe us;
- Administer, review and/or improve the Site;
- Provide you with marketing information about our services or special offers from Bail Binder and their partners or affiliates.
- To maintain For purposes permitted by your organization's agreement(s) with us (if any) for the
provision of products and services;
- To maintain the security and integrity of our Website, products and services; and
- For the administration, review and/or the improvement of the content of our Website, products
- or services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose information we collect through this Site to third parties as described in our Toolkit software specific terms and conditions, or as set forth below.
Bail Binder may disclose personally identifiable information:
- To Bail Binder affiliates and vendors;
- To others providing services to Bail Binder or as necessary to deliver Bail Binder’s services. This includes information needed to verify an individual’s identity or for security purposes;
- As required by law, for subpoena or other legal process, when pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings;
- As necessary to investigate, take action on, or prevent suspected or actual illegal activities, fraud, or potential threats to safety or personal physical safety; and
Cookies and Web Beacons
The Site may use third-party services for analytics purposes. These third-party services collect information about you anonymously and report website trends without identifying individual visitors. These third-party services use their own cookies to track visitor interactions. Website owners can view a variety of reports containing aggregate information about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve their website. Bail Binder does not control these third-party cookies and their use may be governed by the privacy policies of the third-party services employing these cookies.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies but users can change the setting to block cookies. Although disabling cookies will not interfere with your ability to access the Site, users will need to accept cookies to use certain services on the Site, including test registration. Users can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
Third-Party Links and Websites
Choice, Opt-Out and How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
As a user of our Website you make the decision whether to proceed with activities that request personally identifiable information, such as requesting follow-up contact regarding our services, receipt of email communications from us or receipt of our newsletter. Note however that if you do not provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete certain transactions or receive information from us.
If you do not wish to continue receiving emails or other communications from Bail Binder, we will provide instructions in our communications on how to opt-out of such communications. You can also notify us by email, phone or by contacting us in writing at the address listed in the Point of Contact section.
Bail Binder may use third party websites to provide targeted advertising. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. To learn more about the choices you have regarding online tracking, please visit these sites: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Browser/DoNotTrack/Default.html
Access and Correction
You may access, update or correct your personally identifiable information, or request that Bail Binder close your account, by contacting:
Attn: Customer Care One Park Place
Albany, NY 12205 Phone: 1-866-955-7430
Bail Binder retains personally identifiable information as needed to provide you services or product information, to respond to your inquires, or as required by contractual, statutory or other legal obligations.
Security and Confidentiality
Bail Binder strives to protect the personally identifiable information that we collect, maintain and disclose through the use of reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards. Our products and/or services online are transmitted through a secure sockets layer (SSL) transmission, which is a protocol for establishing a secure connection for transmission of your personal information. Further, we have security protocols and measures in place to ensure confidentiality of personally identifiable information and to protect the personally identifiable information we maintain about you from unauthorized access or alteration as well as unlawful disclosure. These measures include internal and external firewalls, physical security and technological security measures, as well as encryption of certain information and password protection for account information. Our security program is designed to: (1) ensure the security and confidentiality of personal information, (2) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of the information, and (3) protect against unauthorized access to or use of the information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any individual.
In the course of business, a client may use Bail Binder in the recording of Social Security numbers. Accordingly, Bail Binder prohibits clients from the unlawful disclosure of sensitive personally identifiable information, including Social Security numbers.